Monday, October 12, 2015

ACES 2015 in Philadelphia

I spent last Thursday through Saturday in Philadelphia for the Association for Counselor Education & Supervision (ACES) Conference!

This was my first time in Philly, and my first time presenting at a conference. We stayed at the Downtown Marriott near the Convention Center (which was a great location), and I was able to explore a good part of the city. The conference itself was overwhelming (sooooo many sessions!), but I enjoyed meeting new people and having a few days of professional development. I haven't made my mind up about my thoughts on Philadelphia yet because there were things I liked and didn't like about it, but I would definitely go back to see more museums.

Liberty Bell!
Liberty Hall where Continental Congress occurred.
View of city from Lincoln Square.
Lincoln Square
Reading Market- really cool and right across from our hotel!
City Hall
A Frosty at the train station- I had 20 miles the next day!
I also did a nice run along a trail by the river on Friday morning that went by the art museum and Boathouse row- I wish I could have explored it more by bike! Philly has a lot of very historic buildings in the midst of all the newer skyscrapers, so I would love to learn more about the history of the city for another visit. I really enjoy cities, so I can honestly see myself living in a number of them, but Philly has a different feel to it which is why I can't put my finger on my thoughts about it exactly. 

It was a good end of the week and all the traveling went smoothly- love the train:) Hope your weekend was great!


Post a Comment