Sunday, January 3, 2016

Unplugging

Happy New Year! I hope your first few days of 2016 have been full of rest, thinking about the new beginning, maybe a little less food than the past few weeks, and friends and family!  I don't believe in making resolutions at the new year, because I believe you can change your life at anytime, but there is a big resolution I have been thinking of for a while.

Unplugging.

I tend to get caught up in the day-to-day lives of other people and how I measure up to them. I spend too much time on Facebook and Instagram, twitter and tumblr, blogs and online news sites, and when I really thought about it, I realize how much happier I am when I am not plugging in. 

This goes back to things I said about my blog, too. I love this as a diary of my life, but I am finding I have less and less to say, and don't want to keep it up when it is not a true measure of my thoughts and activities. It is really at it's best when I am saying important/interesting/exciting things rather than the ordinary. I don't want to feed in to the culture of comparing and measuring up, because what I am doing and what you are doing shouldn't have to be compared. We are all doing fine.

So, this year I am unplgguing a little bit. I am not going to post as much and will only do so when I really have something to say. I think that many people talk when what they are saying doesn't mean anything. I think that the point of an online forum is to speak when what we say can help other people and make a difference. This blog does not do that for me anymore, and I only want to keep it up if it does. 

So I will be seeing you this year, but much less. I am sure I will have races and travels to talk about, but my day-to-day is just that, my own day-to-day. I'll catch ya when I do.

HAPPY 2016!!!
Post a Comment