Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wedding Weekend

This past weekend, a college friend of mine got married. I had the privilege to be in her bridal party. It was a busy, fun weekend that took place in the college town of Charlottesville where the wonderful, beautiful University of Virginia is located. Oh how I've missed it!

The weekend started with a bridesmaids' luncheon, hosted by the bride's mom off the downtown mall in Charlottesville. We had a private room, with delicious mimosa's, wine, food and dessert! I know all of the bridesmaids from college, three of whom I lived with my 2nd year. The other three were friends of the bride that I met from living with her (we all have many mutual friends as we went to neighboring high schools).



We then had our nails done (french mani's & pedi's) and raced to the hotel to get ready for the rehearsal. We stayed on the corner right near UVa, which while expensive was very nice and felt like home. The church she was married at is a Methodist church also off the downtown mall in Charlottesville near the courts. The rehearsal dinner was at C&O, also off the downtown mall, and it was again full of wine, good food and good dessert! Most of all, it was a great celebration with many wonderful people. I also had a little too much fun and was feeling pretty toasted by the end of the night. I am a sucker for open bars of wine!


The next morning we got up and got our hair done at 9 am. Breakfast was provided by the bride's family and we got some cool updo's! I also had a million bobby pins in my hair. It was heavy but cool.



Then it was wedding time! We went back to the hotel after a quick stop for lunch and got ready (the bridesmaid dresses were a hit)! The ceremony was at 3:30 and the reception at 5:30 with pictures before, during and after! I loved the photographer, though- she made it very fun. We even got some pictures on the lawn:). And dancing was the best part of the reception obviously. People got a little tanked, but fun was had and shockingly there was no drama (I also caught the bouquet for the 2nd time this year....I think someone is trying to tell me something?!?!?!) The party limo might as well have been another guest for the wedding- it was essential for our safe transportation and continuous drinking!


(Notice how in the party limo home, people are chugging water). The bride also never fails to make funny faces at the camera!

Needless to say it was a fun, gorgeous wedding. It makes me very excited for all the weddings to come:). But I don't need to be in all of them- it gets expensive! I will happily be a guest and treasure when I am a bridesmaid.
Post a Comment