Tuesday, May 13, 2014

May Days

Hello! 

May is flying by- but doesn't every month? We are in a heat wave here in VA, so I am miserable on my runs and sweating when I sleep (I refuse to keep my condo cooler than 75- so fans it is!). Welcome to summer- spring come back! I knew that as much as we complained about the cold winter, we would soon be complaining about the heat. I am only happy when the highs are 50-80 degrees, so I am almost always unhappy with the weather! I do enjoy the sunshine early in the morning for my runs, though, but I do not like it being light so late in the evening. I think the sun should be totally down by 8 PM because that is when I want to be in "bed" mode.

I have been working, running, hanging out with friends, eating and reading the last few weeks. Not much else is new! I am not traveling anywhere this month, so that is sad, but June and July should be two good months of weekend trips to the beach and a big trip to Greece:)!

I did go to a baby shower this past weekend, and I must say, I am getting better at buying baby shower gifts. I also have one at work this Friday. My go-to items are WubbaNubs, changing pads/covers, bedding, bibs and onesies. Can't go wrong!

Also, I found an awesome fajita recipe on Pinterest that you must try. Chicken, onion, bell peppers and fajita seasoning in the Crockpot for 6-8 hours on low. Delicious. I mix mine with rice, but you could be legit and actually make fajitas. That is a few too many steps for me. And I always forget to buy guac and salsa. Oh well.

I also am re-watching the entire series of Friday Night Lights. If you are one of the few people in this world that have not seen it, please make that a priority. It is such a good, REAL show, and I cry more watching it than I do any other show. Some episodes give me the chills. SO GOOD.

Here is an awesome montage that played before the final episode. Chills! 


Have a great week!
Post a Comment