Sunday, April 28, 2013

Peace Out April

I can't believe this is the last weekend in April! Life does move fast after spring break and when the weather starts getting warmer and the days longer:) It is also starting to be countdown time until the last day of school at work (June 17th for students!), so that makes my days and weeks easier since I know the end is near!

It is also the beginning of wedding season, and I kicked off the start of the 2013 weddings with a shower for my friend Alyson this weekend. We met in grad school and had most all of our classes together for two years! We also lived together for a year after grad school. She is getting married in June. Her shower was at a clubhouse in Chesterfield County, so it was a bit of a drive for me, but a lovely place.

My friend Elyse!

Me with the bride-to-be!   
After the shower, I met my mom for mani/pedi's and shopping! We were very successful at Old Navy where I bought new jeans, a dress and a cute white jean jacket and then also at Steinmart where I got another two dresses! My wardrobe has to expand with all my special events this summer!

We then met my dad for dinner at Panera and afterwards I went to a coworker's house for a 'Girl's Night' of food, TV and gossip. It was a great day!

Today the clouds have come and I have been cleaning, lounging, and catching up with friends. I hit up my favorite grocery store, Trader Joe's, on Friday evening, so I only had a few things to pick up from Kroger. I am gearing up for a good week food wise (and I guess work wise, too).

Hope your April ends well!
Post a Comment