Friday, April 11, 2014

Blossoms & Billionaires


Guess what?!

Spring Break is HERE! I do not know how I would have made it to today if we had not had all those snow days. The stretch from Winter Break to now is LONG! Those 10 snow days (not quite as many for me since I am on a different contract and had to come in a few times with no students) and starting a new job also helped break up the long stretch.

 

Speaking of new job, things are going well, and I am even more excited for when the new school will be up and running in the fall! I have been working on student recruitment, dual-enrollment plans and getting the new programs filled and running at the new school. My new coworkers are great and the atmosphere is fun and relaxed. Right now I am working out of the current Chesterfield Technical Center, and we are supposed to move into our new building in July. We’ll see if it happens on schedule! I have been enjoying getting to know my new role and going to a lot more meetings/trainings. I am one of those weird people who likes trainings and meetings because I can network and talk with my friends from around the county. I also like learning new things, even if it doesn’t directly relate to me:). It is important to stay informed on what is going on in all areas of education. So all in all things are good, even though I have to use more of my own time for vacations due to working a 12 month schedule. Don’t worry, my traveling will not be interrupted by my new position, and I am using my newly acquired vacation days strategically:).


Speaking of traveling, I have a busy week ahead of me! Tomorrow I am heading up to D.C. to visit my friend Meredith and her hubby, and we are going into the city to see the Cherry Blossom Festival! I have not been to this festival since I was in 3rd or 4th grade (I have a cute picture from it), and going into the city is always fun, so I am excited. The weather will be perfect for a day of walking around outside.

 

Then on Monday, I am heading to Los Angeles! It has been on my bucket list of places to visit, and since I enjoyed my trip to San Francisco so much in January, I had to plan a trip. I have many college friends in the city and two cousins out there, so it will be nice to see so many people!  My goal is to tour Warner Brothers’ Studios (I really want to see the Stars Hollows set from Gilmore Girls), visit “Hollywood,” and to see the beaches. Other than that, I will soak in all the scenery and, hopefully, starsPerhaps a selfie with one? Oh, and a hopefully a run or two in the warm CA , smog-filled air:).


 

Updates to come, of course, but enjoy this beautiful weekend! Tell me about your spring break trips?! Anyone else just exponentially happier now that the weather is nice?

Post a Comment