Thursday, December 26, 2013

2013 in Books

**I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I had a lovely low-key day at my parent's house with my bro and sis-in-law from Texas (and lots of food). They came in on Christmas Eve night, so we didn't do much on Christmas Eve, but I did get to spend part of the evening with my friend and her family before heading to the airport, which was great! My other brother and his wife are coming in tomorrow for the weekend. We will do Christmas #2 when they arrive! **

As for the topic of this post....I read a LOT of books this year. I have no idea how it happened...I attribute a lot of it to ticket sales at my school where I read for basically 4 straight hours twice a week, and my summer schedule where I could read at work, laying out at the pool, on vacation, while traveling, and when I was just hanging out at home (I had a lot of time). I would guess I read 30 books this summer. I also didn't read any particularly difficult books, which helps my reading speed! This is the first year that I kept tabs on how much I read, so I have no idea if this is more/less than usual. I am guessing more, but I will keep records now each year to see. It is nice to remind myself that I have read certain books!

I am starting a book club with some friends this year, so I am looking forward to their recommendations, but take a look and read some of these titles that I recommend (**) if you need ideas! This list is pretty much in reverse order of when I read them (most recent reads are first).
  1. The Wedding Girl by Madeleine Wickham
  2. **Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch
  3. **One Second After by William Forstchen
  4. **Room by Emma Donoghue
  5. **The Gatecrasher by Madeleine Wickham
  6. **Divergent by Veronica Roth
  7. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
  8. Insurgent  by Veronica Roth
  9. **Kate by Katie Nicholl
  10. About a Boy by Nicholas Hornby
  11. Oogy by Larry Levin
  12. **The Orchard by Theresa Weir
  13. Falling Together by Marisa de los Santos
  14. The Midwife of Hope River by Patricia Harman
  15. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
  16. **Slammed by Colleen Hoover
  17. **Where We Belong by Emily Giffin
  18. A Summer Affair by Elin Hilderbrand
  19. The Good Daughter by Jane Porter
  20. Mrs. Perfect by Jane Porter
  21. The Next Best Thing by Jennifer Weiner
  22. Odd Mom Out by Jane Porter
  23. **Easy on the Eyes by Jane Porter
  24. **The Good Woman by Jane Porter
  25. Hell's Corner by David Baldacci
  26. **Stay Close by Harlan Coben
  27. Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks
  28. The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory
  29. Dead Until Dark (next four books are by Charlaine Harris as the Sookie Stackhouse Series)
  30. Living Dead in Dallas
  31. Dead as a Doornail
  32. Definitely Dead 
  33. All Together Dead 
  34. The Search by Nora Roberts
  35. **Sleeping Beauty by Phillip Margolin
  36. The Racketeer by John Grisham
  37. Folly Beach by Dorthea Benton Frank
  38. The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani
  39. **Table for Five by Susan Wiggs
  40. **Good Grief by Lolly Winston
  41. **Bulls Island by Dorthea Benton Frank
  42. **The Island by Elin Hilderbrand
  43. Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns by Lauren Weisberger
  44. **Mirror Image by Danielle Steel
  45. The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb
  46. **Southern Lights by Danielle Steel
  47. **Suzanne's Diary to Nicholas by James Patterson
  48. **Naked in Death by J.D. Robb
  49. Desperate Networks by Bill Carter
  50. Recipe for Love by Katie Fforde
  51. **The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
  52. Whiplash by Catherine Coulter
  53. **Defending Jacob by William Landay
  54. South of Broad by Pat Conroy
  55. Tough Customer by Sandra Brown
  56. Notes From the Blender by Trish Cook
  57. **The Earth, My Butt and Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler
  58. At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks
  59. **Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand- BEST BOOK OF THE YEAR! READ IT!
Whew! Think that was enough? But I am always looking for more recommendations if you have any! What great books did you read this year?


Post a Comment