Monday, June 22, 2015

#travelingwalshes

The months of summer travel are upon us!

As is obvious, I LOVE to travel, and I made sure that if I went to a 12-month position at work, travel would still be a very doable endeavor without the usual 10 weeks off that most high school counselors get. Thankfully, my planning and good attendance at work during the school year make this possible!

I may be blogging much less this summer, because big travel dates are approaching! 

First up next week is a trip to my favorite beach town of Duck (Outer Banks) for the long 4th of July weekend (I get Thursday the 2nd off work). I negotiated a price cut (perks of booking last minute) so we got a good deal for this place:


It is further south from the center of town than we normally stay but is still in our favorite area. My mom and I are pumped! 

Then July 15th, my mom and I are heading to Vancouver! We stay in the city for 3 days, then we are going to visit a friend of mine in Bellingham, Washington on our way to Seattle, where we board the Ruby Princess for our cruise to ALASKA!

Image result for ruby princess alaska

We are meeting some college friends of mine and their families for this 7-night cruise. Our itinerary is here if you are interested. We are so pumped- one of my favorite bloggers just went on this exact cruise and shared amazing pictures and stories- and we are loving looking at the excursions! After the cruise we will spend another night in Seattle before flying out on a red eye to VA. The whole trip is 12 days- should be so much fun!

After a short break (I guess I will need to work a little bit), we are headed back to Duck for a full week this time and are staying at our favorite house right in town (we have stayed here 3 times):


We will be at this house over both my parents' birthdays in August, so that is a fun way to celebrate!

The traveling isn't officially done then, but it slows down, as I have a friend's wedding in August in Charlottesville, so of course I will stay the night so I can relive my college ways :) Though I know I cannot party like it's 2005 anymore...

That will end it for the summer, but some fun fall trips are on their way, too. 

Obviously, I am excited! I will post pictures and fun happenings from the trips, but I think my posting amounts will definitely decrease:)

What are fun trips you are taking this summer? Places you recommend in Vancouver, Alaska or Seattle?

Post a Comment