Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Top 5 of '10

My top five experiences/events of 2010!

5. Grandmom's 90th Birthday party in Nashville. Even though I was sick with a stomach bug (and missed walking in my grad school graduation), which made the actual traveling most difficult and unappealing, celebrating my grandmom's 90th birthday with my large extended family is something I will never forget. I hope I am like her when I am 90!

4. Getting my master in education. Education is a very big deal for me (obvi, since I work in education), so I am very proud of earning my masters at the age of 23, just 2 years after I graduated from college.

3. Moving out. Finally, at the mere age of 24, I moved out of my parent's home for good! Now I pay my own bills and take care of myself. I am very lucky and appreciate all the opportunities I was given by my family to be where I am today. Being able to live comfortably in this crazy life is something to not take for granted. And I try not to (even when I freak out about having to pay $300 on car repairs instead of saving for a house). Post here.

2. Getting a job. I realize how lucky even I was in my horrible job 3-month job search. I am thankful everday for my job. Even when I don't love it (but I normally do).

1. Going to Italy in July with my whole immediate family. See post here. Not much more else to say! I mean it's Italy. Come on.

So when I look back on 2010 what will I think of? I don't know. Probably the year I started my career. But then again, I never remember years as good or bad but just by their defining moments. This year was a year full of up and downs. But for the first time I feel like I became an adult. So watch out the rest of my years:)!
Post a Comment