I got nominated a a few weeks ago for the Liebster Award from my friend Karen and am just getting around to posting! I guess I go through blog cycles like everyone else does, right? Even though my blog is not new by any means, I appreciate the shout out!
She asks- I answer! :)
What is your proudest accomplishment?
- This is a hard question. I would say a big accomplishment for me has been living life by my own accord and not getting bogged down by society's expectations of me. I am single (with no immediate plans not to be), living on my own (in a condo I own), and am pursuing my career aspirations. I have grown very comfortable in my own skin and feel much less pressure to "be like every body else" which I did when I was in my teens and early and mid- twenties. Age is the greatest gift for wisdom! I do what I want when I want and try to incorporate wellness into all aspects of my life. I am not perfect by any means, but I am proud of the contentment I feel at this point in my life, because for a long time it was not there.
What is your favorite way to treat or pamper yourself?
- A very rare mani or pedi! I typically only get them once or twice in the summer, but I love the feeling of clean and prepped feet! I also love a coffee treat from Starbucks now and then, especially with the holiday season around the corner!
- Italy and Spain! I love, love, love them and want to live in either of them. I actually love all of Europe. Santorini is the most beautiful place I have ever been to, but my heart lies in European cities. Great food, history, architecture, transportation and fun!
- Fall:) Cooler temps after the heat of summer, leaves changing colors, the smell of firewood burning, comfy clothes, football games and the holidays!
- My two kitties- Milo and Romo. Milo is 15 and has diabetes, so he lives with his grandparents, who give him shots two times a day (that is harder for me to do time-wise). Tony Romo is 5 and lives with me. He loves licking my feet, drinking out of the toilet and snuggling. He is very needy in terms of affection and follows me everywhere!
- Simply the neighborhood I lived in in Ohio- Colonial Hills. We could walk to school, everyone knew everyone else, there were great neighborhood events and block parties, and it always felt safe. I loved my neighborhood in Virginia, too, but it wasn't the same!
- I am not a huge fan of any team currently due to always being disappointed, but I do like watching games! I root for the Wahoos and Buckeyes on the most regular basis and definitely VCU for basketball!
- I swam and played soccer growing up (from about age 6-18 for each!) and now I play adult recreational sports (kickball, soccer and wiffleball). Running is #1 for me, though!
- I dabbled in running in college (due to my many running friends) but mainly stayed on the elliptical. I got into running in 2009 when I was in grad school simply to see what all the fuss was about and to change up my workouts. I started off VERY slowly, where I only ran once or twice a week and had to walk a lot, but I gradually built it up. The Monument 10k in 2010 was my big break- I registered as a walker with my mom and got so caught up in the excitement of the race that I ended up running for miles 2-6.2. (I even blogged about it here). After the post-race high...I was hooked :) I have registered for races consistently since then including many 5, 8 and 10ks, and my first half marathon in 2013. I think I am pretty hooked, even though I am not currently in "race mode."
- Oh gosh, probably something involving chocolate, peanut butter, cookies and ice cream! Definitely a sweet meal over savory:) I do love a good pizza or Chinese meal, too!
Thanks for reading! What are your answers to some of these questions?