Thursday, November 6, 2014

She asks, I answer!


I got nominated a a few weeks ago for the Liebster Award from my friend Karen and am just getting around to posting! I guess I go through blog cycles like everyone else does, right? Even though my blog is not new by any means, I appreciate the shout out!

She asks- I answer! :)

What is your proudest accomplishment? 

  • This is a hard question. I would say a big accomplishment for me has been living life by my own accord and not getting bogged down by society's expectations of me. I am single (with no immediate plans not to be), living on my own (in a condo I own), and am pursuing my career aspirations. I have grown very comfortable in my own skin and feel much less pressure to "be like every body else" which I did when I was in my teens and early and mid- twenties. Age is the greatest gift for wisdom! I do what I want when I want and try to incorporate wellness into all aspects of my life. I am not perfect by any means, but I am proud of the contentment I feel at this point in my life, because for a long time it was not there.

What is your favorite way to treat or pamper yourself?
  • A very rare mani or pedi! I typically only get them once or twice in the summer, but I love the feeling of clean and prepped feet! I also love a coffee treat from Starbucks now and then, especially with the holiday season around the corner!
Do you have a favorite place you've traveled to?
  • Italy and Spain! I love, love, love them and want to live in either of them. I actually love all of Europe. Santorini is the most beautiful place I have ever been to, but my heart lies in European cities. Great food, history, architecture, transportation and fun!

Favorite season?

  • Fall:) Cooler temps after the heat of summer, leaves changing colors, the smell of firewood burning, comfy clothes, football games and the holidays!
Do you have furry kids? If so, how many and what kind?

  • My two kitties- Milo and Romo. Milo is 15 and has diabetes, so he lives with his grandparents, who give him shots two times a day (that is harder for me to do time-wise). Tony Romo is 5 and lives with me. He loves licking my feet, drinking out of the toilet and snuggling. He is very needy in terms of affection and follows me everywhere!


Favorite childhood memory?

  • Simply the neighborhood I lived in in Ohio- Colonial Hills. We could walk to school, everyone knew everyone else, there were great neighborhood events and block parties, and it always felt safe. I loved my neighborhood in Virginia, too, but it wasn't the same!
Favorite sport/sports team?

  • I am not a huge fan of any team currently due to always being disappointed, but I do like watching games! I root for the Wahoos and Buckeyes on the most regular basis and definitely VCU for basketball!

Do you play a sport? 

  • I swam and played soccer growing up (from about age 6-18 for each!) and now I play adult recreational sports (kickball, soccer and wiffleball). Running is #1 for me, though!
How long have you been running? 

  • I dabbled in running in college (due to my many running friends) but mainly stayed on the elliptical. I got into running in 2009 when I was in grad school simply to see what all the fuss was about and to change up my workouts. I started off VERY slowly, where I only ran once or twice a week and had to walk a lot, but I gradually built it up. The Monument 10k in 2010 was my big break- I registered as a walker with my mom and got so caught up in the excitement of the race that I ended up running for miles 2-6.2. (I even blogged about it here). After the post-race high...I was hooked :) I have registered for races consistently since then including many 5, 8 and 10ks, and my first half marathon in 2013. I think I am pretty hooked, even though I am not currently in "race mode."

What is your “last day on earth” meal?

  • Oh gosh, probably something involving chocolate, peanut butter, cookies and ice cream! Definitely a sweet meal over savory:) I do love a good pizza or Chinese meal, too!

Thanks for reading! What are your answers to some of these questions?
Post a Comment